ISO 22000 Certification in Nigeria
ISO 22000 certification is awarded to Food related Industries which follows ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System Standard. The certificate can be obtained by companies which operate as manufacturers, packers, importers and exporters in the Food Industry. In Nigeria it is usually applied to manufacturing plants processing food items such as baking powder, canned food, wheat flour and spices.
The ISO Certification on food Safety are applicable to all business companies which would like to do a business into both local and foreign market after complying with the requirements of the standard. The Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) is the only body in Nigeria that is allowed to issue certificate for companies applying for ISO 22000 Certification.
About ISO 22000 Standard
ISO 22000:2018 is a world wide recognized standard that was developed by ISO (International Organization for Standardization) It sets out requirements for food safety management systems to ensure customer satisfaction and demonstrate regulatory compliance. By implementing this organization and obtaining ISO Certification on food Safety it provides standard provides assurance to customers of the quality of food products and services provided.
Why ISO 22000 Certification in Nigeria?
It is compulsory for companies to obtain the certification if they want to export any food items into Europe and America as European Union (EU) and United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) have made the ISO 22000 standard compulsory before any food product can be exported out of Nigeria or other countries in Africa.
Benefits of ISO 22000 Certification
The benefits of ISO certification to organizations are as follows: Enhancing customer satisfaction. Improving business performance and increasing productivity, Helps create a culture that emphasizes the need for integrity and ethical values as well as ISO compliance within an organization. Improve your brand image by showing that you have implemented a management system appropriate to your size, nature and location.
Demonstrate compliance to national and international standards, ensuring that you meet relevant legislative requirements.
ISO 22000 Certification Requirements for Company
Generally, Organization implementing FSMS should cover the following requirements to successfully obtain ISO 22000 certification in Nigeria:
- Organization should implement PRP and OPRP as per ISO 22000 Annexures and provide suitable resources.
- Authority and Responsibilities should be defined.
- After conducting a HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control point) study, HACCP plan and verification must be done.
- Food Safety Team Leader and Food Safety Team with clear responsibility should be defined.
- Internal Audit and Management Review should be conducted at planned frequencies.
Procedure for Obtaining ISO 22000 Certification in Nigeria
Your organization should undergo the following simple procedure with Integrated Assessment Services to obtained ISO 22000 Certification:
- Preparation of Application Form to obtain ISO 22000 certification in Nigeria should be properly filled by the organization. The application form can be downloaded online from this website.
- After filling up the form, submit to IAS requesting for Inspection and Certification services.
- After submitting the documents, IAS will review your organization’s documents and fix the stage 1 and Stage 2 Audit dates.
- After successfully implementing the requirement of ISO 22000 standard, then an auditor shall come into your company for auditing purposes.(IAS also conducts audits remotely as per IAF guidelines)
- At the end of the audit, the auditor submits report to IAS which is later presented before committee for approval.
- The organization will be issued with the certificate of ISO 22000 standard after meeting all requirements.
- IAS will publish the name of your company in its website to inform public that you have implemented food safety management system according to international standard which is applicable outside Nigeria too where it’s being exported.
Certificate is 3 years valid, and for every year ISO 22000 certification renewal, a fee is to be paid before expiration of certificate.
ISO 22000 Certification cost
The ISO 22000 Certification cost depends of the size of the company and number of employees. The minimum ISO 22000 Certification cost may start from USD 600 for small units. To know exactly ISO 22000 Certification cost to your company in Nigeria contact us now..
Contacts us now!
To know more about the ISO 22000 Certification in Nigeria and to know about the ISO 22000 Certification Cost, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org