ISO 14001 Certification in Nigeria
ISO 14001 Certification is awarded to organization that implements and demonstrates the Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2015. The certificate is awarded to organization that have implemented , demonstrated and maintained an effective Environmental Management System in accordance with the International Standard ISO 14001.
The environmental management system is a process for ensuring continual improvement of the organizations’ performance in all aspects of environmental protection involved in its business activities . This standard has been acknowledged around the world by international standards and certification bodies and it is one of the most widely accepted international management system standards.
The standard also holds that an ISO 14001:2015 certified company has met the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and therefore has successfully demonstrated environmental commitment, performance and improvement.
The organizations claims sustainable operation as part of its operations and hence shall implement an Environmental management system to ensure it is meeting stakeholder expectations and continuous improvement of environmental performance.
Why ISO 14001 Certification?
ISO 14001 Certification is essential in order to meet the requirements of ISO 14001 Certification. Organizations must implement an Environmental management system (EMS) that is a comprehensive approach for managing, preventing, reducing, and eliminating environmental effects of organizations’ activities. It helps organizations to reduce wastes, energy consumption ,water use or other materials. It also helps organizations to meet environmental legislations , follow good practices in environmental management, for example recycling waste materials. More importantly it helps organizations to improve their continual improvement process; therefore improving environmental performance .
The Environmental management system is a continuous process/ cycle which starts by identifying, analyzing and controlling the significant environmental aspects of an organizations activities. It involves all functions through the organization , from top to bottom , including senior managers, middle managers, supervisors , daily workers and even customers . The EMS is designed to integrate with existing business processes.
The benefits of ISO 14001 Certification are
- Helps organization to meet the requirements of environmental legislations. It also provides evidence to stakeholders that it is taking all reasonable actions to maintain an acceptable level of pollution .
- Helps organizations to reduce wastes, energy consumption , water use or other materials. This will help organizations to cut costs and reduce expenditure .
- Helps organizations to improve its continual improvement cycle. This will help organizations to have a competitive advantage.
- Helps organization to track environmental performance and potential areas of improvement. It will help companies to identify areas that needs attention and focus more on problem solving and hence improving overall performance.
- Helps organizations to meet customer requirements. This will help organization to gain and retain customers and maintain a sustainable supply chain .
- Helps organization to improve the reputation of the brand through environmental performance. It helps organization to attract better talent and hence boost productivity.
- Helps organization to track compliance with mandatory environmental legislation, which is getting more important in most countries. It provides evidence to the public and customers that the organization is taking all reasonable actions to maintain an acceptable level of pollution and environmental impact .
- Helps organizations to attract potential investors and shareholders. The aspects we mention above will help organizations to demonstrate its environmental commitment, performance and improvement .
Procedure to obtain ISO 14001 Certification in Nigeria
Integrated Assessment Services is a certifying body competent, knowledgeable, qualified and experienced. We help organizations to obtain quality certification at lower costs.
An initial audit by IAS of your organization’s existing management system against ISO 14001 standards assists in determining whether ISO 14001 Certification is appropriate for the organization and whether it meets the standard by having all documented procedures in place .
An organization then develops an action plan to address any shortcomings , with a time frame for completion, so that it can achieve ISO 14001 Certification. Upon successful assessments, the organization will be issued with a certificate of registration , which includes certified statement of commitment and scope of certification and a statement of applicability .
ISO 14001 certification is valid for 3 years.
ISO 14001 Certification Cost
IAS is a leading certification body providing affordable ISO 14001 Certification cost in Nigeria . We are based in Lagos , Nigeria’s commercial nerve center and have worked with over 500 organizations in Nigeria to obtain ISO 14001 Certification at the lowest costs. Contact us to know more about your ISO 14001 Certification cost.
About IAS – Integrated Assessment Services
Integrated Assessment Services Inc. (IAS) is a premier third party assessor of management systems with ISO/IEC 17021:2015 certification. We help organizations assess, strategize and improve their management systems. Our experience spans over 15 years in the industry . We work with large, medium scale and small companies across various sectors to meet their ISO/IEC 17021:2015 needs .